Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Falling bread

I am currently sitting in my car...just doing some light blogging...one of the many moments of being house less. Going to Kroger to use the bathroom and napping in my car are not so uncommon things in my life lately...ill admit I'm very tired.

But guys here is where it's at: I am a grumbling Israelite. It's crazy to look at the Old Testament passages about how God saved His people from captivity and abuse to bring them to the promise land...it's crazy because our stories are seemingly identical. The death and pain and abuse that I have just been drawn out of is staggering. I am now in a place of being led to the promise land but am having to journey there some now. I don't have a place to live but over the last four months I have never had to really worry. I have been provided a place to live and now a place to store all of my belongings that have just arrived. Within days of needing something I have been given what I need just as the Israelites where given manna from heaven...an yet I am complaining just like the Israelites...I have even caught myself saying I want to back...just like the Israelites...but man I don't want to be an Israelite made to wander forty years...and I don't want to doubt God that the promises land is unattainable.

But what is the promised land?! I think I need a major shift in thought...ill be honest my promised land has always been getting married...I think that the promised land I really being healthy joyful and truly in relationship with my Daddy.

Yes my life is much like the Israelites...I am very loved by God.

1 comment: