Thursday, July 4, 2013

Alice and Wonderland

"Why is it that you are always too small or too tall?" -a quote from Alice in Wonderland.

    There always seems to be something that gets in the way. The way of my goals, my happiness, my faith, my friendships, my getting in shape...so why is that things just are always going awry. Getting sick, saying goodbye to so many good friends, the dogs getting out so I am late to work, working but never having money...things just never seem to go smoothly. The last few weeks have been a dazzling example of this fact...

But something else I have been thinking of in the mists of feeling discouraged and overwhelmed:

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” 

By the time I finish this blog I will be a different person. I love that. I love that I get the chance of becoming more...more then I was a few seconds before...

So what is the more that will be a part of who I am?

Emotional maturity...emotional discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment