Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Remember that game you crank the bar and the arrow spins?

Psalms 27:14 - "Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"

I journeyed on the road of feeling like I had all the answers. I journeyed on the road of not caring what the answers were. I am not journeying a road of wanting to know the answers but being at a total loss as to how to approach Truth and Spirit. A lifetime of emotional experiences was not the answer. A degree in Biblical Studies was not the answer. I am wanting movement but afraid to move. So perhaps for just sometime I will be still. When you are at a fork in the road and do not know where to go perhaps you should find yourself under a beautiful tree eating an apple and just waiting for sometime. Gandalf did it in the mines of Moria when he did not know the way he sat and smoked and thought. Well, I will not smoke, but I will sit and think and wait.

Random thoughts:
Under your mighty wings I will stand.
Living the abundant life you have given.
With every breath, breathing out my sin.
And breathing in Your righteousness.
My scheming has left me spinning.
Like a toy too tightly wound.
I do not pretend to have the answers.
I do not know how to stop.
But I will promise to learn.
To learn to wait.

I am very grateful. Thankful for friends. Thankful for all the good things that are waiting...that are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment