Monday, January 16, 2012

Trampolines/Trucks

Rejoice, and again I say rejoice.

I feel so filled and so full of laughter and brightness. The body of Christ is such a gift. I can't believe God loves me so much to have brought me to a place where I can truly enjoy some wonderful time with Him and shared worship with friends. To live in Christ is to worship the Lord. I want to live so big and so full of worship. I love that we are all designed so uniquely. That the timeliness of lessons learned and words spoken have such weight. I am reminded very much of II Cor. 4:16-18, our lives are being destroyed outwardly but inwardly we are being renewed day by day. I feel this is never been so present and real as before. I want to see the unseen as what I can only focus on.

Sometimes you find yourself in a desert driving in a armored water truck with Jesus. It is so hard to know what to do sometimes. I never want to live in what I want if it is not what God wants. I never want to presume that I know what the right thing is so confidently that I ignore seeking God fully. God desires abundant life under His might wings...not abundant life outside of His wings. Although I would say that abundant life outside of His shadow does not exist. It is just full of cold rain without layers of coats to keep you warm.

There is a way to live life where you can confidently know that if you fall down you are safe because God set up a huge trampoline under you and it makes you bounce back up higher and with more life than before. I intend to have some crazy fun with God on His trampoline. Remember when God said He was calling us to a feast? I am hoping this time in my life will be me picnicking with God on a trampoline in the sunshine and then dancing in the rain with Him when the storms come.

I hope I am finding myself in a dark room full of walls. A maze if you will, in which I have nothing but God to push me where He wants me. I do not want anything apart from God. It is very hard to be willing to admit what you want or think is best may not be...but when you surrender what your holding too tightly in your hand to God you find that God now has room to take hold of your hand.

I don't know about you but I would much rather hold God's hand than hold onto anything or anyone else.

Where am I? I am being shown that God calls us to live an abundant life...but we have to actually live it.

James 2:14-26: Faith without deeds is dead...I am so tired of death. I desire life and I am going to run after it...I want my friends and family by my side. I am realizing so much that we cannot simply want something. We cannot talk with excitement at the prospect of life but life in a way that invites death. Pray for us...pray for life...pray for Church as it was meant. It can happen. Life can happen here in Lynchburg...and I must lay my desire for Nashville aside for now...because I desire life first and foremost. Where does my life take me?! I know what I think and what I want...but I am going to take sometime in a truck with God. Guess we will just have to find out where He decides to take that truck!

What is happening right now: My friend at work is making fun of me saying that I am probably blogging about wanting to be a hippie, be poor, and dirty. (The best part is that she may not know just how spot on she is ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment