Friday, March 2, 2012

81 vs. 45

It’s a horrible thing how much time I waste in the could be future than being in the definite present. I do not know what tomorrow will hold. God is holding that. He has everything worked out. All I know is today. And today I have dear friends who don’t know God. Why am I not pouring into them and showing them God’s goodness with every second I can? I want something more. I want…I want. But what about what I HAVE? I want to lay down my wants to God and pick up my haves and go with it. I feel very much like Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit. He keeps regretting the fact that he said he would go on the adventure, but still he finds himself over and over pulled into his adventure. I want to live like that. Going forward more and more with small pockets of being overwhelmed by what I want as opposed to being overwhelmed with what I want with pockets of going forward. I know I cannot actually stop having wants, but I want to dive into what I have with all my heart, soul, and mind. I have been promised the second that I am living in the moment, not the next second, minute, hour, day, year, etc. Will I be found faithful and content with each second?!

Right now it is 81 degrees in Nashville. It is 45 degrees in Lynchburg. Oh the testing of contentment, ha!

And then you see lightning and hear thunder and you are soooo happy to be exactly where you are!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment