Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wasted: Double Kill

I love how God makes so much sense. Remain in God and He will remain in you. You can do nothing with God.

I love God’s commandment to love others and in keeping His commands we are living fully and full of joy.

I love that I am ready for God to come and walk with me. Just Him and me. Not leaving behind the body of Christ or others, but God has been trying to steal me away for a while now. I have never realized how much He has been patiently waiting (and tugging at me constantly) to take a walk just me.

I thought I had thrown away a really important list the other day, and in my panic I realized that as long as I walk with God and stay close to Him my list is not lost. And really it may be that my list needs to lay waste for God’s list to really start its work. My job is to remain in God and follow Him. He is going to take me on the most beautiful journey. It will be super hard at times I know, but it will be the most wonderful!

Lesson learned this week: When God gives you a big heart for people do not just sit in that. If you sit in it you will hurt, but if you take that heart for people back to God He will do amazing things. Prayer is essential.

There have been some pretty major burdens on my heart for friends and for decisions. My heart has been fit to break and every time I feel like I am going to completely collapse I find myself being reminded to take it to God. Just do it! Just walk right up to the throne of God and humble start going through your backpack full of crap and hand it to God. I mean seriously! (I am preaching to myself by the way…self-motivation holler) God didn’t give me this backpack full of crap to just carry around and destroy me, but He gave it to me so that I can learn to let Him love me and carry me. God’s yoke is easy…man never seemed as clear as it does right now. I feel like I am holding onto the dearest of stuffed animals. You know when you have that one (or four if you were me) stuffed animal or blanket or what not that was your comfort, your friend, your special place when you were a kid? It’s like having to hand it to over to someone to fix it when it’s ripped or broken or needs to be cleaned. It is a horrible feeling, but if you continue to hold on it will never get fixed. I am learning to hand the most precious things in my life over to Him…to heal, to clean, to purify, to make legit, etc. It’s painful man, but the people and things I love the most are much safer in God’s hands than in mine.

It is a good week…and this weekend is absolutely looked forward to. What fun things will God do? Can’t wait to find out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment