Friday, November 11, 2011

Stop. Go. 500.

Okay...stop.

30 And He said, “How shall we [h]picture the kingdom of God, or by what parable shall we present it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the soil, though it is smaller than all the seeds that are upon the soil,32 yet when it is sown, it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and forms large branches; so that THE BIRDS OF THE [i]AIR can NEST UNDER ITS SHADE.” -Mark 4

I was feeling defeated by how willing my spirit was but how weak my flesh is. That God could not work or do anything in me cause I fail at asking Him to.

I felt that I could not be used to speak words of wisdom or pray for things deeply hidden in people.

I have been discouraged and then boom, God just drop kicks my ideals out of this world. Proverbs 16 is all about how man makes plans but God is the ultimate authority and master. Well thank goodness at this.

Tonight I had a dinner that in all terms of sanity and awareness should not have happened, but God loves us so much. He makes some to listen and some to speak. He desires to make all full of Him and full of love and service to others. All it takes is a humble heart and eyes that are aware of our blindness.

I failed at my fasting today afraid that I cannot be used by God. Today He reminds me that I am to be His. To rest in being His daughter and in that I cannot screw up anything (sound familiar? yeah so some awesome friends prayed for and reminded me of this truth not so long ago). Haha, God...He is so close. I can almost see His smile.

Today's lesson: I can only go so far, and there is a difference between transparency and honesty.

God does not leave us when He calls us.

I want to go to the people I love...but God is reminding me gently and patiently everyday that He wants to move in Lynchburg...that people are ready now here and I must be faithful.

It has been a day full of tears, awkward conversations, wonderful conversations, prayer, lovely surprise calls, humility, truth, and being called out. God is big, I have a feeling I will need a lot of sleep and rest in this next season of life to keep up with it all.

3 on 4...Go.

500 is possible with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment