Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tree Roots

Mhhh…I want the gift of the Spirit to flow in and out of me. But today I happened upon a very humbling thought. I am not faithful in what I have already been given. I have been given a mission. To pray. To cry out to the Lord for the loved ones around me and to pray for myself and be faithful in His word. I am already skipping steps to ask for the ability to pray for others and be led to speak words into their lives based off of the Spirit moving in me. This is not a bad thing to ask for prayer for, but I know many things to already pray for and that I am called to be spending time in the Word. I want to be faithful with what I have been provided and called to before I jump ahead and ask for something more. I am a small child. I’d like to become a wise old woman of God. But I must be content and steadfast now…or perhaps I am placing God in another box. I do not know…and I like not knowing cause I think God laughs at me and gets excited to surprise me! God is both my adoring Father who seeks to lavish gifts on me and my Lover who wants to surprise me with a boutique of wild flowers.

God is many things…I would like to find out who He is and experience Him in all ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment