Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oh, well that was easy.

God is so wonderfully awesome and beautiful and deserves more praise than I will ever know to give or will give.

Life has been quite crazy. Thanksgiving happened and time with family was great but a lot of tough stuff was talked through and will leave me processing for quite sometime. I have been in this place where my heart has been torn between two places. Lynchburg and Nashville...and now I have come to this place where my heart may break regardless of which route I choose. Saying goodbye is never easy.

I feel Nashville will be a place of extreme growth, healing, and joy. Lynchburg is a place of challenges and hard work....this is not bad by any means. I love Lynchburg and all the people here and all the things God is doing and wants to do.

Nashville would be a tremendous blessing, a gift if you will....a rest. Not that Nashville will not have its challenges and it too will be hard work but I think in a much different way. Nashville has already proven to be hard work in that there have been and will be many tough conversations to be had. Lynchburg...it is not always easy to be here...but God is faithful and will be faithful always. He is moving in huge ways but it feels very hard everyday to be a part of it.

Do I chose rest or work? Work or play? Neither will be a bad place to choose, both will be good.

Is there a good, and a better? I believe there is. I believe to stay in Lynchburg would be good. But I believe also that to move to Nashville for a period of a year at least will be best.

I have a year to figure this out...please pray for me.

Things have been hard, but I learned tonight what is easy:

Being filled with God! The last few days have been super tough for me with conversations that were full of pain and honesty, and I have been wrestling through the process of moving or staying. I have felt so overwhelmed and sad, truly sad, for the first time in quite a while.

Tonight I left to go for a road trip to Roanoke. Just me, God, and prayer. I left feeling so broken and then I just prayed. I just asked God to fill me. Plain, simple, honest. I asked God to show Himself as real. Nothing has changed. I am still faced with a decision. I am still faced with living in a world that is full of shit because it is full of darkness. But here I stand. Alive, full of abundant life, why? Because God is Savior, King, Father, Lover, Friend, and so faithful to His promise of love.

I am loved. WE are loved.

I have been close with God recently in a way I have never been, but I was not giving Him the chance to fill me and was slipping away from Him. He went no where but closer to me...I am learning how quickly life goes crazy when I am not running to God.

Thankfully I do not have to be an elite athlete to catch God...just a slow, stumbling, asthmatic jogger. He just calls us to run with endurance...and He sustains.


P.S. Status is currently 95% or higher in definitely moving to Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment